- In Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac connect to a PC (I tried Win7 and Win Server 2003 R2).
- In RDC’s OS, open Notepad.exe and type a phrase; select your phrase; and copy it.
- Switch to VMware Fusion and paste your phrase. This will not work.
- Go to Apple Mail on the Mac and paste your phrase in a new email. This works.
- Workaround: After pasting the phrase into Apple Mail, select the phrase and copy it again. You can now paste it successfully into VMware Fusion.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac Version 2.1.0 (100825)
- VMware Fusion Version 4.0.2 (491587)
- VMware Tools for Windows Version 8.8.0, build-465068
- Guest OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3